Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starpath Radar Trainer (Version 2) for NAV Instruments
HelP!! I have problems with the installation. I can't open or downlaod the download links. There always appear the following error by google drive: Die erforderliche Berechtigung fehlt. What can I do? Confused
(11-29-2017 09:20 PM)Tini2017W Wrote: HelP!! I have problems with the installation. I can't open or downlaod the download links. There always appear the following error by google drive: Die erforderliche Berechtigung fehlt. What can I do? Confused

Hello, Kristin ! 

... all EZS students, who have registered, also got an autorisation for the Media server (Google Drive). You got an extra email invitation / confirmation via our gmail address (put e z s f o r u m @ g m a i l . c o m ) on the white list so it wont disappear in the spam folder. 

As you use a AOL email address, you must give permission to your own email address when login to your Google account (which then automatically give you access to Google Drive). Here maybe some helpfully infos. :-) 
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/176347?hl=en

This was one regulation we setup to make the media file server safe, otherwise free link sharing gives the risk, that non EZS students also get access to the files we store in the media archive. As the forum server is hosted in a data center in Amsterdam, we have to and like to follow European media law (e.g. copyright, intellectual property, data privacy etc. ...).

(Rec.: It was also one condition by the EZS management board to keep it that way safe to be allowed to record the teacher's lessons, which you also find on the media file server as audio recordings. This condition is OK for us and we keep it strict with this.)

A re-inviation via Google Drive was sent to your email address. Give it a new try. :-) If you still should have problems, don't hesitate to send a direct message  here: https://www.ezscommunity.org/forum/showteam.php 

All the best :-) 
JR
Hi, finally it works. Thank you for your help
Bye, Kristin
It took me more time to read the forum than the actual installation Big Grin Worked straight away, great! Thanks for your effort!
Hi! is there any solution for the Apple users? MAC OS X, 10.6.8
(12-05-2017 04:51 PM)DimitraPapantoniou Wrote: Hi! is there any solution for the Apple users? MAC OS X, 10.6.8

Tested on Windows 7Pro and Linux Ubuntu 14 it works fine. With Ubuntu 16 Virtualbox has some troubles. No tests with Mac.

I will give a shout to all via email newsletter today, Dimitra. Maybe others have some experiences with OS & Virtualbox. 

Maybe helpfully this thread ? - https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/24801/virtualbox 

Having installed Virtualbox on Ubuntu 14 I had to take the older extension of 12/2016 (version 4...). Maybe you must fiddle around little bit what extension package is the right one for you to work with. :-)
Hi Dimitra,

I installed the virtual box on OX El Capitan (10.11.6) and it works.. Not sure if this helps you...
I assume you used the links provided via the EZS site, to the virtual box.org.

What is exactly not working on your Mac?

Kr
Piet
Here it is ... lately: the fully User's guide for Radar Trainer 2.0 (in total: 52 pages). It might be helpfully for some details we don't find in the small pdfs we have till now. 

[Image: cover-starpath-radartrainer-v2-users-guide.png]

You get this PDF (file name: radartrainer20-manual-usersguide.pdf ) in the download folder (upper link) or here. Only accessible by registered EZS students.

P.S.: Starpath also has an online tutorial, with an archive for the "old Radar Trainer 2.0" here.
We have updated on 31st Dec 2017 the *.ova file as new 2018 version (former name: Radar_Trainer_2017.ova / 1.17 GB) you can install it for the new 30 days test period more easily. Tks to class mate Piet Poelsma who reformatted the file.

... download see upper link in post of 26th Nov 2017 

[Image: sailing-fireworks-vessel-night.jpg]

We wish all Sailors, KZV/GZV Class mates and EZS Students a Happy New Year 2018 !
... update with new upload:
  • Radar_Trainer_2019_jan.ova (1 GB) / ready to run virtual PC (This is the ready to go Virtual machine with radar trainer installed)

Tks to former class mate Piet Poelsma we have updated on 28th Dec 2018 the *.ova file as new 2019 version (former name: Radar_Trainer_2018_Jan.ova / 1.3 GB). You can install it for a 30 days test period.